RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2023 PDF Download | RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern | Rajasthan ATP Syllabus | RPSC ATP Recruitment Syllabus Topic Wise.
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus: The Rajasthan Public Service Commission has already released all the relevant information about the Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023 along with the official notification of the Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Recruitment process.
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2023
As per the RPSC Assistant Town Planner Recruitment released by Rajasthan Public Service Commission, there are 43 posts. All eligible candidates can apply through the official website of RPSC. In this article, we are going to cover all the necessary aspects of post-application i.e. RPSC syllabus and Exam pattern 2023.
|Organization Name||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Assistant Town Planner|
|Selection Process||Written Exam, Interview, and Document Verification|
Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Syllabus
RPSC ATP Syllabus will be having General Knowledge of Rajasthan, Concerned Subject subjects. For RPSC Assistant Town Planner General Knowledge of Rajasthan subject will be having 40 questions & 40 Marks. Also, Part B is with Concerned Subject which will be having 110 questions with 110 Marks.
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Pattern 2023
The competitive examination shall carry 150 marks and 150 questions of Multiple Choice Type questions. There shall be one paper. The duration of the Paper will be Two hours and Thirty Minutes. Negative markings shall be applicable in the evaluation of answers. For every wrong answer one-third of the marks prescribed for that particular question shall be deducted. A wrong answer shall mean an incorrect answer or multiple answers.
|S.No.||Subject||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Part-A||General Knowledge of Rajasthan||40||40|
- The written exam will include only objective type (MCQ type) questions.
- The exam will be conducted in an offline mode.
- There will be a single paper divided into two parts, Part A & Part B.
- Part A will include 40 questions while Part B will include 110 questions, making it a total of 150 questions.
- Each question will be 3 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark (1/3rd) for each wrong answer marked by the candidates.
- There will be no penalty for unattempted questions.
- The time allotted for the written exam will be 2 Hours and 30 minutes.
RPSC ATP Syllabus 2023
As per the official notification, the Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Written exam will include 150 multiple choice questions from various subjects like General Knowledge, Town Planning Subject Concerned, etc. The complete topic-wise Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Syllabus is mentioned below:
Part A: General Knowledge of Rajasthan
History, Culture, & Heritage of Rajasthan
Pre & early history of Rajasthan. Age of Rajputs: Major dynasties of Rajasthan and the achievements of prominent rulers. Emergence of Modern Rajasthan: factors of sociopolitical awakening of 19th century; Peasants and tribal movements of 20th century; Political struggle of 20th century and the integration of Rajasthan. Visual Art of Rajasthan – Architecture of forts and temples of Rajasthan; Sculpture traditions of Rajasthan and various schools of painting of Rajasthan. Performing Arts of Rajasthan – Folk music and musical instruments of Rajasthan; folk dance and folk drama of Rajasthan. Various religious cults, saints and folk deities of Rajasthan. Various dialects and its distribution in Rajasthan; literature of Rajasthani language
Geography, Natural Resource & Socio-Economic Development of Rajasthan
Geography of Rajasthan: Broad physical features- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains & Desert; Major rivers and lakes; Climate and Agro-climatic regions; Major soil types and distribution; Major forest types and distribution; Demographic characteristics; Desertification, Droughts & Floods, Deforestation, Environmental Pollution and Ecological Concerns. Economy of Rajasthan: Major Minerals- Metallic & Non- Metallic; Power ResourcesRenewable and Non Renewable; Major agro based industries- Textile, Sugar, Paper & Vegetable oil; Poverty and Unemployment; Agro food parks.
Current Events and Issues of Rajasthan and India –
Important Persons, Places and Current events of the State. National and International events of importance. National and International Organisations- (BIS, ICMR, ICAR, Council for Social Welfare, APEDA, Export Inspection Council, FAO, WHO, ISO, WTO). New Schemes & Initiatives taken recently for welfare & development in Rajasthan.
Part B: Concerned Subject
- Nature, Concepts and Principles of Town Planning, History and Development of Town Planning in Ancient, Medieval and Modern Period.
- Planning and present position of modern towns in India. Factors affecting the town planning and development.
- The general importance of housing demands for housing, Design of residential areas, and housing problems in India.
- Man and Environment Traditional patterns and trends of change in Indian society, the concept of social structure, culture, and social institutions.
- General awareness about architecture & Town Planning of cities of Rajasthan.
- Urban Ecology and sustainability
(A) Sustainable development, Green Building, environment policies, and guidelines for planning.
(B) Disaster management plan
(C) Urban infrastructure and urban transport.
(D) Planning for urban development & sustainable development.
- Master Plan and its concept, scope and purpose the plan
(A) Land Utilization, Land use pattern, and values.
(B) Population projections, methods of population projection, vital statistics and forecasting techniques.
(C) Social infrastructure, Physical infrastructure, heritage and Tourism.
(D) Zonal Plans.
- Slums and squatter settlements
(A) Causes and effects
(B) Prevention of slum formation
(C) Resources for slum clearance programs in India
- Simplified Planning Techniques
(A) Data collections.
(B) Surveys, Land utilization surveys, Density surveys, and Transportation surveys.
- Unified Building Byelaws, 2017
- Development control rules in India & Urban regulatory concept.
- Chief Minister Jan AwasYojana, Prime Minister Awas Yojana.
- Smart Cities and features of a smart city.
- Neighborhood concept, Roads Networks in the city
- Satellite Towns & New Towns.
- Norms and Standards for Living, Shopping, Education, Health facilities, Parks and Playgrounds, Banking, Rain Water Conservation, Green belt, Garden City, Road making and street lights, Traffic Laws, and problems.
- Non-government development organizations and their relationship with local government, citizen participation. Functions of the Urban Local Bodies.
- Engineering Materials and Construction Technology
(A) Selection of the site for the construction of various types of buildings, Planning, and orientation of buildings.
(B) Bonds in masonry, Damp Proof course, Scaffolding, Floors, staircase, roofs, doors, and Windows.
(C)Ventilation and air conditioning and acoustics.
- Structural Mechanics
(A) Stress and strain, elastic constants.
(B) Bending moment and shear force diagrams for cantilever, simply supported and overhanging, fixed and continuous beams.
(C) theory of simple bending, shear stress.
Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
You can download the Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Syllabus and Exam Pattern PDF from the official website of the Local Self Government Department of Rajasthan and below link.
Rajasthan ATP Syllabus 2023 PDF Link
RPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2023: FAQ’s
Q.1: From where can I download the official PDF of the Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Syllabus?
Ans: You can download the Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Syllabus and Exam Pattern PDF from the official website of the Local Self Government Department of Rajasthan.
Q.2: How many stages are there in the Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Selection Process?
Ans: The official Rajasthan Assistant Town Planner Selection Process includes only one stage of recruitment, that is, an offline written examination.
Q.3: How many questions will be there in RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam?
Ans: A total of 150 questions will be there in RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam.
Q.4: What is the time duration for RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam?
Ans: The time duration for RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam is 2:30 Minutes.
Q.5: Is there any negative marking for RPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam?
Ans: Yes, 1/ 3rd of marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.